Monday, July 2, 2012

E-Mail Argentina, July 2, 2012 (Batan)

Wow, I had almost all of this written and then the power went out haha.
Well first off, Mom, I'm taking really good care of my teeth :) haha,
and we have just received a lot of new missionaries this week I believe
with the transfers. Oh man those fires sound ROUGH. that’s too bad, it
needs to rain bad! Hehehe how was girls camp? :) haha did you survive?
You got to talk to Alli on Skype?? Oh I bet she loved that :) She will
be home soon before you know it! Wow, I can't believe its already July.
It feels like I have only been gone a few weeks and I have already
been gone almost half a year! I have almost finished a quarter of my
mission! That’s great that Riley is getting ordained!! I love that he is
spending some time with the family :) ELDER SWENSON!!! Oh man I miss
that kid!! Just tell him to write you then forward it to me, it will
be faster :) Man I'm excited to hear from him, all the guilt of not
writing him just hit me hahaha. For the package: my companion and I
would like peanut butter M&Ms, I would kill for some beef jerky, those
Cheetos were delicious so more of those please :) Me and my comp would
like a Hershey Cookies and Cream bar :) I'm good on hot chocolate for
now, maybe some Raman noodles please :) I'm craving them haha, and if
you want some for my comp :D haha
MOM...my shoes were stolen, like my Vans. Do I have permission to buy
new ones, that would be nice lol, for service and stuff. Also
I...REALLY want to buy a suit...I wanna see how much they are, but
while I'm in a area I can but one I would like to :) I will be smart
with my money, if it is to expensive, forget about it :) lol, but I
think they are 200 pesos, which is like...50 - 75 bucks lol and they
are NICE baby. When I take out money on my debit from home, do I
take it from savings or checking?
This week was just great! I love my new area!! Me and
Elder Moore are getting along great and I'm learning so much Spanish
from him. He is just what I needed because he can explain the grammar
behind it so it makes sense to me :) Much better then the response, "I
dunno its just like that" which I have heard the last 2 months haha so
this is much better,. I love the man haha. We are going to have a lot of
success in this area I can feel it. I don’t think this area has
baptized in a long while minus the one that Elder Moore just had
before I got here. So I'm really looking forward to it :) This week we
had an investigator, his name is Oscar. So pretty much his
family left him and he doesn’t have work, as you can imagine he is
taking it pretty hard. We went to his house and he was drunk. SUPER
drunk, it was sad to see. He was feeling so alone that he just started
to drink, but we came at the right time. We had a good talk with him
but its hard to say if any of it sunk in :S He just started to bawl
and say how he was sick of being alone. We explained that we were
there for him and that this is a time for him to turn to God cause he
is there for him too, and then we explained how Jesus suffered all
sorrow and how he knows how he feels and he is there for him too...but
like I said, he was drunk :/ I don’t know quite what he took out of
that but to me it just grew my testimony of how when things get hard
its the time we should be looking even harder and look for God and his
goodness. He said that he just wanted someone to love, company, a
wife. but he said that girls only want guys with money and he doesn’t
have work, so its just easier to drink. We then explained that, if he
really wants someone, he needs to start with the church, get himself
cleaned up and then he can start looking for work and then start
looking for someone to spend his life with. Starting all this with
small goals of trying to get his life in order. That just grew my
testimony of why we set goals, how its much easier to start doing
little things, one step at a time, its not simple but its for
something much greater and rewarding than taking the easy way out.
Fingers crossed for him that he stops. Until next week.
Well mom, I don’t have much time for blurbs today, the power went out
so I have to get, but give my best to everyone :) Love ya chau

No comments: