Monday, June 25, 2012

E-Mail Argentina, June 25, 2012 (Batan)


Well, another week and wow, has it been a week. Well before I get into details, that is SO sad what happened to Riley's family! oh man, they lost everything? What rotten luck, that is so so terrible! oh my gosh. :S let me know if there is anything I can do!! i got the package btw :) Thank you so very much! Sadly I almost ate everything, and the tie, man, Kelsey your good! There was writing on the back of one, was that there before? lol and I'm getting all the mail :) Glad to hear about Elder Haroldson! Try and get word on Hermana Brown if you can! Well, I don’t know if you remember Elder Kelly from my district in the mtc, but he is probably going to go home cause he has a herniated disk in his spine and he can barely walk :S That’s so rough, back surgery is scary business! lol, And my tie was filthy but I traded it to a member for a beaut ;) He got the tie dry cleaned and ready :)

Well big news everyone, I have been emergency transferred!! Chau to Punto Magotes :S An elder went to Bahia for spine troubles. so I got shipped over to take his place. I am sad to leave, especially cause we were so close with Daniel and his family!! but I am excited for the change and am loving my new area :) Right now I am....well I'm still in Mar del Plata but I'm in a town called Batan. A lot of fields and I'm loving it!  I have only been here 4 days now so I'm still learning the area but I'm loving it! There’s not to many stories to tell, I haven’t been here too long. We had a lesson with an investigator that is on the verge of baptism, all he lacks is he and his girlfriend aren’t married, so right now we are waiting for their turn, but he came with us to a lesson and he bore his testimony, which was really cool to see :) They have nothing but they are so grateful! They always give us cookies or chocolate and stuff, so willing to share :) I don’t know why but here there a million parrots. The members that live below us have a parrot that always yells "grandpa" while we study, it makes it hard to take it seriously. haha. This past Sunday I had to give a ten minute talk, well I didn’t have much time to write something...so I kind of just winged it, so I gave a nice 10 minute talk in Spanish about members and missionary work....its all a blur I don’t even know what I said. We aren’t even a ward though, we are a branch, the church is a house so its a little different then I'm used to.  My new companions name is Elder Moore. He is from Colorado he has been out about a year and he is a cool guy :) (for the family, he reminds me a lot of Jace so we have fun) Well that’s all for this week, I'll be sure to have more stories next week.

Well family, "all of my love....all of my love....all of my love to you" there is some Zeppelin for ya. till next week :) love ya!

Hillary: You are one dedicated writer you! Keep it up please :) I love reading your letters!! Thanks so much for thinkin of me :) I hope that all is going well!  I'll have you know everyone thinks you look like your 20 here :) Keep being a great mommy poo and workin hard for your daughters! Whenever you need a good laugh think of the hillbilly that pulled me over on the way to Vegas or nerts with the Monroe wipe and the arm shake. Love ya sissy poo :)

Allison: Glad to hear your finally getting me mail! Thanks for being patient :D Have fun in the magical world of Disney. Don’t drink water in Pirates, I hear its rum. 

Riley: Thanks for the gmail in the envelope hahahaha I laughed at that for five minutes, Don’t get me wrong I loved hearing from you, it was just so you haha, that part about Skylar and Dallin was funny. Sorry to hear about your property man :/ my love to you and your family

Alan: I reread over one of your letters and it was a lot funnier having actually been here haha. but man I love it here. I'm thinking a big old trip :) We can go to Buenos Aires and Bahia for like a good old week and a half. My mom said she would pay for us.


Below are some Pics from Hermana Vawdrey's Blog.  Thanks to her!
Mamma Hall, your son told me the other day
that you had found my blog. So, I figured
I'd attach a photo of your son so that you could see
that he's still full of energy, smiles, and jokes.
And, he's got clean teeth! :)

 Our Distrito: Elder Hawes, Elder Halls, Elder Flores, Herman Vawdrey, Hermana Jensen


President and Sister Detlefesen with Hermana Vawdrey


No comments: