Dear
Mom,
These
transfers are going by too fast!!! I feel like its been a week and
next week is already transfers. So things are going good here, a lot
of adjusting to district leader...its not as easy as I thought it
would be but I'm kinda getting the swing of it. Elder Forbes is
helping me ALOT with how to be a leader and stuff like that so it's just been a matter of trial and error so far. Just seeing what works
well and what doesn’t and things I need to change and do
better....it's not easy but, hey I'm working on it :) So we
have a pretty solid investigator. Her name is A. She is AWESOME!!
I'll explain more about her in the other paragraph. WHAAAAA so Riley
left for the MTC :) That's SO cool!!! He already has a week
down...more or less :) haha. I'm glad he is loving it :) That’s so
crazy...I'm so super proud of him! I prayed for him for a long time
that he would go on a mission, now he is on it :) Well...if you knock
off the 3 weeks that I will lose from the cuts....I will have a year
next week.....I'm freakin out. It has gone by so fast and I feel like I'm
JUST getting the hang of things a little. I wish I could do a re-do
with all the knowledge and work ethic that I have learned, but that’s
pretty nutz :/...I don’t like it...So Alli goes to the MTC in April
right? What day was it? I need to write it down. I was curious if I
would be getting the ¨post¨ mailed from her by a owl named Hedwig.
I'm SO STINKEN EXCITED FOR HER!!
Alright,
the good stuff. Well, about 3 weeks ago we got a reference from a
member named J. J is separated from her husband and she
lives with her son and daughter. She asked us to go see the grandma
of her daughter (or...her ex husbands mother) so we went and visited
and she didn’t want anything haha. She was nice but not interested.
BUT outside of her house was her daughter named A (or....the aunt
of the daughter of J) so we just sat on down and started talking
to her. She was a little closed off, didn’t smile, didn’t laugh.
didn’t anything. We shared a little of lesson 1 and gave her a
pamphlet of lesson 1. We asked her to read it and to ask God it it
was true. (because we didn’t have BOM). We came back and she had
read the whole pamphlet and prayed (the same night we passed by),
she didn’t have work...she prayed for work...and received it the
next day. She said what called her attention more then anything is
that she could ask God herself. What worked out super well, is that
Sunday was the Primary program and her niece (the daughter of
J...whose name is F) invited her to go. So she went to
church that Sunday to see her niece :) and she loved it!! She has
had bad experiences with other churches before and she didn’t like
how the people where one way in the church and another outside. She
told us it was really different but she really liked it!! If only
you could see the change in her. In a matter of days she was a new
person, she said ¨Something I noticed is that I'm always smiling
and happy since you guys have come¨ (It's cause shes reading
everyday and praying and went to church...oh ya) She came to church
yesterday too, its crazy, she re-read all the pamphlets, she took
notes of EVERYTHING cause she wants to learn. It's fun to see the
process of repentance working in her. Her baptismal date is 19th of
this month. She's is still a little uncertain of baptism, but for
someone who says shes ¨¨uncertain¨¨ she asked yesterday in church
to see the baptismal font. We showed her it and showed her how we do
it. We had members explaining things. She wanted to see the
baptismal gown and everything and asked yesterday who was going to
baptize her :) We are SO excited for her. I know this church is
true, and I know it makes people happy....A isn’t the same
person, she is always happy and smiling she is reading and praying.
:) The gospel is to make one happy, and we are happy to share it :)
I
love you all :) good luck and I hope all is well :)
No comments:
Post a Comment