Oh hump :/ I've got a year :´( I realized that while doing exercises! They don’t lie when they say it goes bye fast. At first you think 2 years is SO long....but I still feel like I have only been here a week. Transfers are feeling shorter and shorter....a month and a half feels like a week, and thanks for clarifying that it was my mother writing me because it didn’t sound like you lol. It doesn’t sound like there’s a lot going on at home. Sounds like the kids are growing at a regular evolutionary rate (that includes Swords) and that everyone is content and happy :) ooooohhh man Ammie Lou is 6 :) That’s so great!! I need to write letters :/ Tell her Happy Birthday and that I love her :) Everyone is leaving on the mission!! It's so crazy!! Everyone and there dog is filling out there mission papers! (Kelsey imagine dogs filling out mission papers and laugh with me. Calling from President Woofdruff and alot more puns to follow.) Well y’all, I've got some SERIOUS news.
BAPTISMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (no translation needed). Well everyone, this is happy news :) Our investigator A has made the choice to be baptized this Saturday :) So, lets do a little recap. So she has been praying for an answer and praying and it hadn’t come. So we were asking her some questions and she told us that (A) she prayed for work and received it the next day, (B) she heard a voice when she was alone in the house and when she looked up and the first thing she saw was a picture of Jesus that we gave her. (C) her son was sick and she prayed that he would get better and he was healed. So after all that she said she still hasn’t gotten her answer which, its really obvious that she has. So we asked her how she was expecting to receive her answer, and she said ¨Everyone I have asked says its like a feeling inside your chest, that’s what I'm expecting to feel¨. So we read with her in Moroni 8, I believe that says if things are good they come from Christ and if there bad from the Devil. We asked her about her experiences if they were good or bad, she said they were all good. We asked her how she felt about our visits and the church. She said they were both good things too. So we explained that she already received her answer and maybe because she was wanting and so focused to feel her answer in a specific way that she didn’t see the value of the other things that happened. She said ¨Ya, maybe you guys are right, you’ve got a point maybe I already received my answer¨. She was bummed a little, cause she wanted so bad to feel her answer this specific way, but she accepted what we told her. The next day we went to her house and talked to her. She said ¨I've got something to tell you guys, I prayed and I felt it...what I was expecting to feel¨. WWWWWWWWWWWWWWHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :) Man it goes to show that you really DONT receive a testimony until after the trail of your faith cause her faith was tried when we told her she already received an answer, but she accepted it and was blessed with the feelings that she wanted. She wrote us a note (cause she didn’t want to say it haha) but it read ¨I've got a secret, I'm going to get baptized in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints the 19 of January¨ WOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPP!! :) She is still going strong :) She has her interview this Wednesday :) The Lord has blessed her so much and I am so grateful that I could witness it. Elder Viñas is right, we really don’t baptize...we don’t even really work. We bring the spirit, that’s all. We do the physical labor like the walking, but the spirit is what converts people. People feel the spirit and they use there agency to act or not. It's really between them and the Lord. I'm so grateful to be a tool for the Lord. :)
Well Mom that’s my big ol news :) also me and the missionaries are putting together a musical number to sing ¨Come Thou Fount¨ in Spanish and I'm playing the piano haHA hahahahaha don’t know what I'm doing hahahaha, but we will see how it turns out this Saturday. Maybe I can record it haha. Stay tuned for next Monday :) love ya all :) Keep me posted on Riley and Monroe :) I wanna here all about the mission stuff!!
No comments:
Post a Comment