Well its that time of week :) So here is the low down. I GOT TO BAPTIZE! It wasn’t my investigator or anything, actually it was a little girl in a family that Elder Hawes and Elder Galan have been teaching. I hardly know her but she asked for me specifically to baptize :) My first time in Spanish, kinda hard cause they don’t write the words for you in the font like in the US lol. But it was so great :) and some other breaking news. So here we are, another Sunday without an investigator feeling like failures, when a member asked us who the investigator was that was in church. So we looked ALL over the church but didn’t see anyone out of the ordinary. We were all bummed again and we went back to class and resumed the lesson. After it was time for Sacrament there was a man there standing by the entrance that we didn’t know. So we walk over and start talking to him. Turns out he lives in our area! He went to the Evangelical church or something like that but he has had some encounters with our church in the past with some family. So he sat with us in Sacrament and he said, "I left that church cause I don’t get why God can’t call Prophets today. I don’t under stand why Joseph Smith can’t be a Prophet". Then heaven sent goodness, the first hymn was Joseph Smiths First Prayer. During the song this man started to weep and was filled with the spirit. We are going to his house tomorrow and he has a family and everything! He needs work and there is a man in the ward (a less active) that we have been getting reactivated that has some work for him to do if he wants it!! Man God is so giving. He gives us everything and puts everything right into place. I’m so grateful for this gospel and that we could have a prayer answered :)
Well mom I’m doing great! I’m happy and mostly healthy :) I need to be eating better haha. I hope everyone is doing great and is having a fun time!! Love you all!! My comp is great, we are trying to get things rolling with everything in the area. Man I’m so responsible and clean now a days, you would be proud! I should have shown you the before and after of the stove that I cleaned today! Well, til next week!!
| Elder Flores |
| After falling in the water. |
| First Baptism! |
2 comments:
So excited for him!
I almost cried when I saw he baptized! And I laughed out loud at his poop water picture :)I'll have to get his pictures today and put them on Facebook!
Post a Comment