Monday, May 7, 2012

E-Mail Argentina May 7, 2012 (Punta Magotes)


Dear Bubbly, 
Well first off, WE GET TO SKYPE THIS SUNDAY :) I got the scoop, so we will be calling about 5:30 our time so that will be about 2:30 your time :) I will be at a members house and I need to try to keep it an hour :) I have the stuff written, and all is well :) look forward to seeing you then, I doubt I can call so I think that’s everything you need to know, We will have a camera so you can see me haha. just thought I would throw that in. and I also got the package :) thank you SO much! haha is been great! We are enjoying the American goods and me and Elder Forbes are planing some sweet sweet grill time :) Wow, so St. George, that sounds great, I'm glad you guys get to go! That will be fun for ya :) and good company! haha and I'm happy to hear my nephew set that kind of a record lol. I don’t think an uncle could be so proud ;) sounds like the fam is doing wonderful! I love to hear that :)  Well I got to go to Centro today which is right by the ocean, it is like New York almost, its just this street with store after store of craziness! It was sweet! A nice day out in the town and I got to eat a big ol American Burger King :) funny how things so simple at home mean the world when your away haha, something so simple as an American cheese burger put a smile on my face :) haha. we got to look at some cool things and do some shopping tambien. I loved it . It was pretty neat! so anywho...

WOW can you say miracles, so there is this little family, the flia Sanchez. there mom...realamente doesn’t want too much to do with us, but she is cool with us talking to her kids. Her children were actually raised in America so they speak perfecto English. One of her daughters is 10 years old, when we passed by at first we gave her the 1st pamphlet to read over so when we came back next time we could talk about it, and we taught her how to pray and asked her to pray every night. so we stopped by a few other times that week but her mom was never home so we kept saying that we would pass by next time. and finally, the girl (her name is Jessica) said that her mom didn’t wanna listen to our message but she didn’t care if we talked to her and her brother and sister. so we taught them the 1st lesson, and wow, Jessica is on fire, she is 10, and she told us "What you guys do is so great,I bet God is so happy with you and is going to bless you a lot" I know right? AWESOME, we gave her a English book or Mormon and asked her if she would read it every night, she said yes :) Then we asked if she would pray and she told us that she has been praying every night sense we taught her and read through the whole pamphlet. Then she said the sweetest prayer. "Thank you so much that my friends could come teach me about God and please let them come back, I promise I will read this book every night that they gave me with my brother" WOW I was blown away! She said she would pray to know if its true and then gave me and Elder Forbes a huge hug and told us how much she loved us coming over. We hope we can get to the mom. Her brother is a capo! We haven’t seen him so we hope he has been reading but I loved the first lesson. Her little sister is SO FUNNY! but really talkative and doesn’t listen much haha but she is only 6 and has things to do :) haha. Also we passed by Ulysses again (this is our golden investigator) so its been a week since we stopped by and gave him the Book of Mormon. he answered the door and we asked him if he had been reading "Ya I'm about half way through" WHAT?? this guy works almost everyday and has only had el libro de mormon for a week!! and he is in Alma!! Every night he prays to know its true and he says every time its a little clearer and it has made the Bible more clear to him!!  The blessings of God, Oh man there is nothing like it! then later this week we passed by Jessica again, she read 17 chapters in the book of Mormon and has prayed and she said she feels AWESOME! I love this!! This is not easy work, I think that’s why God grants us these miracles that are so incredible to keep his missionaries going. The happiest thing you can see, is seeing the light turn on in peoples eyes, and you can see that change, and you just know that they are feeling that spirit. It's rough, its difficult to get over yourself and not think about your faults and weaknesses or in general yourself and just think of others. but its worth it siempre 

Well Mom :) love you lots and lots! have fun this week and we will see your motherly face on Sunday :) p.s I think the Kinect could be used as a camera for the computer porque it has a microphone and a camera and it plugs in the x box with usb so try it out. 


No comments: