Monday, May 28, 2012

E-Mail Argentina May 28, 2012 (Punta Magotes)


Long way to Bahia Blanca!



Elder  Hall at the Provo Temple

Still in Provo

Buenos Aires Temple

The Mission Home In Bahia Blanca

Hey Bubbles :) Well its that time of the week!! Where I get to write you guys and send some pictures :) Well you guys sound boring this week ;) haha. but it sounds like everyone is doing good which is just what I like to hear! Hope ya know I love ya all and I'm happy and healthy. Me and my companion are getting along great :) We are under a lot of stress with learning things and getting things switched around but we are doing great! The weather here is actually really really warm haha, hot even, but cloudy, it just gets a little cloudy at night time by then we are in the house :) I need to try to be more patient with the language, it's hard but I need to work harder if I really wanna get it down! 

Well this week has been kind of rough. With the switch of the companion, we are trying to make a lot of changes in our area (for the good of course :) but its been kind of rough with trying to figure out the area and living far away from our area but we have been able to accomplish a lot :) This week we are going to work twice as hard and get on the ball! Well a couple of miracles that we have had this week. There is a family here, the family Sanchez. They have lived in the United States all there lives but have been living here for the past 6 months. The kids speak perfect English. Me and Elder Forbes have visited them for a while with hope to talk to the mom, but that never worked out. So after transfers I took my new companion Elder Flores to meet these kids, and it turns out that this family used to live in Washington D.C. 15 minutes away from where Elder Flores lives. So the mom came out and started talking to him about Washington D.C. and she asked if we could help her transfer some documents over from English to Spanish cause the mom doesn’t speak it that well. We finally have an in with the family! Also this week we had a lesson with a man named Julio, he has met with the missionaries for 5 years. His wife is a strong member and he has been to church more then enough but...well, he said if Joseph Smith were Mexican he would believe, there all just excuses, he just doesn’t wanna change. He had excepted a date 5 years ago to be baptized but it fell through after the missionaries left. Turns out he was getting baptized for them and not for the right reasons. We had a super spiritual lesson and then to end the whole family (him his wife and his little boy and girl) and us knelt in a circle and we each said a prayer. We now have a baptismal date with Julio! :)

Well mom, I love ya :) give my best to the fam and let em know I love em!! Anything I can do for you guys? Let me know if you need anything, wish me luck tonight! 

Alli: whoo!! I'm glad to hear you got my letters! i was worried that I sent them to the wrong place! Glad your lovin work, keep it up!! have fun in Florida!! till next week :)


No comments: