Monday, December 3, 2012

E-Mail Argentina December 3, 2012 (Batan)


Dear Family, 
Well its beginning to look a lot like Christmas :)...Not really I'm sweating like a pig. It's SO hot. I'm hoping that the beads of sweet dripping down my face doesn’t scare away any potential investigators. Sorry to write so late, the power went out and well...there was no internet...but I'm writing now eh :) .Well fam I got news...so sit on down because it is big, well, my mission got cut short. With all the new missionaries coming in, they are sending missionaries home earlier so I will NOT be coming home February 1st 2014, I will be coming home January 14, 2014. They cut it down by 3 weeks and I don’t know how I feel about it but hey...I know that doesn’t sound like a lot but HOLY COW ITS ALOT!! So I'll be seeing you a lot sooner then anticipated. A year from next month...big news right? I'm freaking out. I mean...I know it doesn’t sound like a lot of time but...you know, that’s 3 weeks. But hey, it all for the progression of the work of the Lord right :) Mark it on your calenders. Mom thanks for the Family Home Evening packets!! I forgot to mention those!! They are great and they will be put to good use I'm POSITIVE! It sounds like everyone is happy and that things are going pretty smooth :) (Well from what you tell me) I just got a few pictures with you guys playing the money game. hahaha, classic haha. Lindsey looked content. That goes to show that the Halls (us pure bloods ;) still don’t win anything lol. Well guys I'm doing GREAT :) I'm loving the mission and I'm loving all the changes I'm seeing, in people in the mission, in my companion and well, even in myself :) I'm growing to love change! haha All the missionaries know who Barbara Hall is... They always say, ¨Open the package open the package¨ haha ¨Your mom always sends you stuff¨. Stuff like that so your really popular haha. Well this week is transfers...I love/hate transfers haha. There is always that doubt in the back of my head ¨your leaving¨ haha which makes me antsy...

Well everyone, I can't even begin to tell you how weird it feels listening to Christmas music in the blazing sun. But hey, I'm getting used to it. It wouldn’t be Christmas without the music eh? Well this week we had a interesting run in. We knocked on a house and talked with this man named A. He let us in and we talked with his family, well we started talking with A and he's like ¨are you guys Mormon¨ we said ¨yes we are¨ then he said ¨...I think I'm a member, I think I got baptized in your church¨ ...Interesting right, he seemed really unsure lol. ¨Ya I remember that there was two people like you, and one of them left and the other one was alone, so I was with him for a few days till his friend showed up¨ Well sounded about right to me. I think he's a member. Haha. So we talked with him and his wife, terrific family!! They don’t have a lot but are super nice!! The mom had a lot of questions, actually turns out shes the aunt of a really active member in the branch, and the daughters are steller. They listened the whole lesson. We talked to them all about love in the home and the families, and that god loves us. You could feel the spirit really strong :) Then we knelt for the final prayer and asked them to kneel together as a family and it was just a really great experience!! :) They have got a long ways to go but I'm sure one day they will get there!! :) I'm glad I'm about of this work and that I can be a tool for the Lord to serve others!

I love you guys a lot!! Thanks for all you do!! And Mom!! If you could
send me a calender for the new year? Like the one I have would be
great!! I miss you guys but I'm where I am supposed to be and I'm happy :)

1 comment:

Hill said...

still smiling about 3 weeks early:)