E-mail Argentina December 17, 2012 (Trenque Lauquen)
"Hey Grizwald, what are you gonna do with a tree that big?" That’s the only quote that came to mind, well fam fam, HOW ARE YA??? hahaha you won't believe the week I have had here. Pretty nuts. So its me and 3 other Elders haha. I'm the only North American. There’s me an Argentine, a Chilean, and a Uruguayan. So I'm thinking I'm going to pick up some Spanish. Tranqui Lauquin is LEGIT. Its so sick!! I love it here :) It's super laid back and the people are really accepting, but there are a TON of mosquitoes haha, and bug spray does nothing haha, they eat you anyway lol. It's ALOT hotter here too. I'm more North so I'm sweating like a man. So all of the Elders here are new. We have my companion, Elder Hernandez from Chili, who has been here for 6 weeks now, and the rest of us are new. So we have had a pretty interesting time here. Not only that, but who is my zone leader?? Elder Daniel Forbes :) haha Man I was surprised to see him!! So we get a pretty good kick out of each other on the phone :) I missed him a lot. We have had a super great week here :) I'm trying not to drop Cain too hard ;) haha The house is super nice too :) 2 floors and a great view, and the shower actually works!! haha. So with the Skype, I'm still trying to get a day for sure when we will be talking, but I still haven’t been told anything. :/ I'm guessing it will be the 25th BUT the good news is, the 24 is p day so whatever happens I can let you know. I know it would be nice to know for the fam and Alli and Riley and well whoever else is coming so they can know. but :S I don’t know haha. That's the mission for ya :) haha BUT IM GOING TO WRITE THIS ALL IN CAPS CAUSE ITS A LITTLE IMPORTANT. KEEP SKYPE UP ALL THIS WEEK IF YOU CAN, WE ARE GOING TO TRY TO DO A TEST BEFORE THE 24 OR 25 TO SEE IF IT WORKS. I can't promise that we will get to do that, we are trying to arrange that with the members. Also you would NOT be talking to me nor a missionary. It would be a member testing the connection. We just wanna be sure it works before. But like I said I can't say when or if its going to happen so just leave it up if you can. hehe Your gonna see me and I have gained a lot of weight in my face. :)
Well everyone. we have had a great week here :) We have gotten settled in here in Tranqui Lauquin. We are all situated and things are going well :) So we have been super blessed here, we are all really new in the area, BUT that didn’t slow us down. We worked super hard and saw the results of our work! We found lots of new people to share and teach the gospel :) Here in Tranqui Lauquin we are working in a Branch, BUT we have a HUGE brand new church and its amazing!! We are super lucky :) I have never seen members so willing to work, especially the leaders :) They are so excited and keep pushing and they push hard :) We have been so blessed and I'm super thankful that the Lord put me with another Branch. I have loved my experiences working in Batán so we have been loving our time here :) The Lord has prepared this town for the mission work. I have gained testimony of that in only one week. The people are receptive and listen. I'm super glad that we are working here :) the Lord has blessed us here and I'm super thankful :)
Well fam :) We will see ya here shortly :) and with the situation for Skype. I promise I won't be so awkward this time, haha. I actually have some good stories to share and I will write em down so I don’t forget haha.
ALLI!! I forgot about finals!! I sent your Christmas letter to your apt!! crap, I don’t know if you will even be there!! shoot! well...I hope it makes it to you :S
See you Christmas :) 143
No comments:
Post a Comment