Monday, September 17, 2012

E-Mail Argentina September 17, 2012 (Batan)


 How is everyone!? I hope great!! :) 1st I'm glad you had seen the movie before and could watch it again. We are planning on showing it here in our little branch to motivate the members to work a little and sacrifice a little more. I'm glad everyone could watch it. That movie was a really spiritual part of the mission for all the members that were there and the missionaries. I think everyone in the room was crying. WHAT, you didn’t tell me Wes was got married! How was it and the marriage of Ken and Janice how was that? March baby eh? Wow that’s so weird to think about! Crazy how time flies, next thing I will know I will be seeing pictures and everything. It sounds like everyone is doing great! Shantel going on the mission!! wow! She always said she was going to go, she will be great :) Be sure to tell her that eh? Wow and Soph is a big ol 8  :) She is getting so big!! You will have to send me pics of the party and of the Baptism and everything!! When is she getting baptized? So Hill for sure has a house or she has one she is interested in? She will be moving then? And tell me, is Skylar H getting married? and with who? There’s a few people here that wanna know. WOW Stephen is almost home!! That’s nuts!! Riley's getting all of his gear together eh  :) That’s pretty sweet! I'm so excited for him!! haha maybe he ends up here and I'll train him ;) haha That would be sweet, but I know he doesn’t wanna come here haha. Keep me posted with all of that stuff. Well transfers have come and gone and me and Elder Moore are still comps here in Batan so that’s good news :) A few people in the district left, we are getting a Herman F and someone named Chino, haha I don’t know what race he is, but I really think he is from China based on the name. (I hope that’s not some kind of Chinese racism). Don’t worry about the packages, I don’t even notice how much money it takes haha. Don’t worry about it, but the next package, if you wanna send me some more of those scripture markers that I brought with me. There’s like yellow blue red green purple and orange and they twist? Something like that, um...and some more of the gel I like :) haha if that’s too hard to send don’t worry about it. 

Well another week, this week was great. Presidente Pareño wants us to focus more n the members, the work is suffering in the context of the members. They dont trust us, we don’t have there confidence. We have been doing some family home evenings with the members and it has been AWESOME! We are trying to boost the spirituality of the members we have had some really great lessons and almost every member has cried. We have been gaining their trust and they have been feeling the spirit, its been so great. It has been such an amazing experience :) The results have changed over night and I feel like we are so much closer to the members, that we aren’t just those missionaries that are in church every Sunday. that we are actually friends, that we shared a great experience together, and the work has been getting great results with these efforts also. They have been more open to give references and they want to do more family home evening but they want us to start bringing our investigators or they want us to have a family home evening with someone that they know. It has just been so fantastic to see the change in the branch. Its a small change, but it was well needed. Also we are starting a night with the missionaries :) Here they DONT HAVE MUTUAL in this branch no, so we are going to have an activity EVERY week :) really try to pull in the youth. But we are really focusing more in the branch. We have to build the foundation of our investigators and strong members, and right now, we don’t have to many. We need to fix that eh? Gracias for your prayers and your love and for thinking of me and my companion and the people here. Have a good week! 

Oh mom, yes I'm getting my mail :) Thanks SO much!! Talk to you all later!! Til next week :) LOVE YA



No comments: