Monday, September 16, 2013

E-Mail Argentina September 16, 2013 (Pedro Luro)

Elder W and President and Hermana Parreno
Hello family :) How are you all?? I'm supposing your all just fine and wet haha, we are too here in good ol Argentina!! But its okay cause I'm makin me and my comp sweet sweet empanadas to enjoy a nice fried delicious treat while its cold outside haha. Ya I don’t know if ¨helped¨ is the right term but I have been training more than half my mission :) haha. Lake Powell eh?? Sounds fun! Glad you guys had a good time!! Alan caught fish?? haha He beat the master caster? Were they regulation size? I'm glad Dad is enjoying retired life....Who is doc? lol That’s fun. Sorry that everyone is getting flooded, lucky for us we haven’t had any of that but it has been really muddy haha. 
Well this week we have had some miracles by talking about the temple! So when I went to look for my kid President talked to us about the importance of not just baptizing but getting people to the Temple. And that we need converts not baptismal statistics pretty much. So me and my comp have been putting a big focus on talking about the Temple, and the way to get there is through baptism and we have had some really good result’s!! With one couple we are working with (that haven’t been progressing alot might I add) we felt inspired to talk about the Temple while we were teaching. My comp and I talked about what is the temple and why it is important to us, and what that can mean to them. The spirit was SO strong in that lesson, they got teary eyed and we invited them to get baptized and we didn’t have time to finish the question before they said, ¨Yes yes well do it!!¨ They are now progressing more then ever. Another couple that we are working with, we have been fighting FOREVER for them to get married. They go to church almost every week. This past week we taught them about the eternal family and the temple...we invited them to think about marriage one last time. Yesterday they shared the news that they want to get married!! We are SO happy for them. I miss the Temple SO much. It has gained a whole new importance in my life. I love it and I can't wait to go again. I'm so glad for Temple blessings. 

Thanks for everything and for all the love and the package that I'm still eating haha. I love you tonz!! Love, Elder Hall

No comments: