Monday, August 5, 2013

E-Mail Argentina August 5, 2013 (Pedro Luro)

Hey mom :) How was the trip??? haha Sounds like you had a good time!! I'm glad to hear that!! You NEED to send wedding invitations, I wanna see them. It's super great!! So J had a good wedding then eh?? That sounds super great :) haha THATS SO WEIRD!! I think in the end the easiest thing will be to buy a suit here :( Stupid haha, So if you could give me some cash flow, I'll try to see if I can go to buy a suit, cause by the time I get the suit from the states and take it to get fitted and all that...just not alot of time. I think I saw in the city of Bahia a sale on suits so I'm just going to look for a cheap one to use for the next few months. How do you reach Elder H?....no idea haha. He lives in W H I believe. I'm sure you could find him on Facebook haha. His name is T H. I'll see if I can find his email. Oh Elder P, I never new Elder P hahaha, but I heard alot about him from Elder F haha. That’s a funny coincidence that he was dating one of Kelsey friends. For sure i got to baptize mom :) haha Didn’t you see the pic of me in my white shirt and tie? ;D haha I baptized the little girl :) 

Ya Elder M was a hard worker but man can I just say me and my new comp are KILLING it down here :) We are having a blast and having alot of success!! My comps name is Elder D  from Corvallis, Oregon. He was serving in the Pittsburgh Pennsylvania mission waiting for his visa to get here. He's a great guy and its weird being with a North American 24/7 haha. He came here with maple syrup so I knew it was going to be a great relationship. Didn’t get your letter yet :S haha Love onions? haha but that change happened awhile back :) It's just us two in the pench, its small and cozy kitchen/living, one bed room one bathroom. I like it! haha

Well this week has been full of miracles!! So our week was crazy. I was waiting in Bahia Blanca with other missionaries waiting for my comp. I was there since Sunday and I went to look for my new comp Wednesday and we didn’t end up traveling back to Luro till Thursday morning. We got here and had little time to work so we made the most of it. We were able to find 3 new people to teach!! Then Friday in the morning, we had to travel back to Bahia to go to a conference with President Parreño. (the trip is like 3 hours) So we talked about the importance of the Book of Mormon. It was AWESOME. We talked chapter 5 in Preach My Gospel and me and my old comp Elder Flores got to do a practice with a real investigator demonstrating to all the missionaries how to use the Book of Mormon in our teaching. It was amazing! We couldn’t come back to Luro till night time so we were there all day in Bahia. Then we came back so we came back Saturday and we worked our butts off visiting our investigators and  inviting them to church and we were able to have 4 lessons with a member. Then Sunday after the church we went out  with all the excitement in the world and we were able to find 3 new people to teach all of them with a baptismal date, and there pretty solid investigators!! Even though we only had 3 days to work we had an amazing week!! We are so excited!! I love the mission, I can't believe all that has changed these last few months. I feel like I have jumped so many personal barriers that I have had all my life. I feel like a new man :) I'm so excited to be here! 

I love you all tonz thanks for all the love and support!! 

No comments: